Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Big Week

First and Foremost, The University of Georgia Football Bulldogs beat the holy hell out of the hated Auburn War-Tigers. Thus defeating Auburn and Florida in the same season for the first time since 1982. To put that in perspective, the last time that happened, I was 5, and we lived in Ft. Lewis, WA. At that point, I referred to The Dawgs as "The Red Bay Packers" -- what can I say, they had the same helmet? That was the same year my mom came home to find me goose-stepping around our living room table and chanting "Iran, Iraq and Ronald Reagan" - so, the more things change, the more they really do stay the same.

Regretably, I did not make the trip to The Classic City to see the game -- only the second game in this series I have missed since 1997, and the first in Athens since 1995. It is consistently the best and most fun game on the schedule, win or lose.

Instead, I wore all black in my dad's den and drank Bloody Mary's and took phone calls, and cranked music. A fine time, but a far cry from the heady days of years past. Time marches on.

Also this week - I helped get Gov. Richardson of New Mexico on the ballot in Alabama, picked up a new client, made Smoked White Chicken Chili, and probably a bunch of other stuff that I can't really remember, or is just as not interesting as whatever else I am babbling about.

Check back for my musings on The State of American Letters, and the Love-Hate relationship sports fans have to domination.

No comments: